Saturday, January 29, 2011

Winter is always a time for me to think...since I can't be busy in the yard with my flowers, I plan what I want to do once the weather begins to warm.  My husband always says he can't wait for winter to be over but,  I kind of like the down time.  Our barn is the place of all action in the winter.  All the animals wait there for someone to come from the house to feed them.  It houses the mini horse we have named Jack (short for Jack-be-Little cause he is) and our new addition at Christmas Dallas a pig.  I think he was named for the cowboys but, since I really don't care for football I didn't even bother to ask.  It also is a hang out for the barn cat, Bubba and all the chickens that no longer like to stay in their coop.  Here are some images of the chickens and a  couple of Wrenn who happened to think it was so cool that she could pick up the layer of ice that had formed on the top of the water bucket.  As you can see she actually licked it.  I am afraid of what may have been it there but, my grandmother used to say that you have to eat a bushel of dirt before you die.  The image on top is Wrenn sitting on the stall door.  I was working on backlighting.  Trying to keep from over exposing to background while still lighting the subject.  Not perfect but, my hands got to cold and she was losing interest in sitting still.   




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girl Mama-Maryland Maternity Photography

New Dresses in the studio so this sweet mama came to model for me.  She's expecting baby girl #3 in March. Enjoy!!