Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Williamsburg

I would have to say that  Colonial Williamsburg is one of my favorite places to visit.  It's just far enough away from home that I can't work and close enough so that you don't have to drive forever.  If you have never visited there before,  I think it's a photographers dream.  The gardens are almost always blooming with something.  There are all kinds of farm animals all set in such wonderful settings.  We use to try to go visit each Spring but, since we had a wedding going on early this Spring,  we had to put it off for a few weeks.  Boy,  did I need it.  I always look forward to going and count down the days.  When it finally gets here it just seems to fly by.  This time, three of our daughters went with us.  I don't feel as though they share my passion.  Of course,  I walk around with my camera ready at all times.  (My husband claims that I stop on average about  every 3 feet to take a picture)  He's so dramatic.  I am sure I don't stop that often.  Wrenn, the youngest daughter actually likes to dress in colonial clothes.  She likes feeling as though she belongs.  This time she had the chance to help the farmer at the Great Hopes Plantation replant some of his corn.  What was suppose to be a few minutes turned out to be about an hour.  She would't stop until the field was done.   So here are just a few of images I captured.  Enjoy!




















Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girl Mama-Maryland Maternity Photography

New Dresses in the studio so this sweet mama came to model for me.  She's expecting baby girl #3 in March. Enjoy!!