Monday, January 16, 2012

Black Water National Wildlife Refuge-Outdoor Photography

With today being a holiday,  I was off from work and my youngest was off from school.  My oldest daughter is a teacher so she was off from work as well.  My second daughter,  who is the mother of my adorable new grand baby works in the evenings so it was a girl day today.  I really was suppose to be at home working but,  I had promised the youngest that we would do something fun this weekend.  She loves to be outdoors and loves going new places so I asked her what she wanted to do and she said "Lets go to the Black Water Refuge."  HUHHH???  What 10 year old (girl)  wants to do that on a day off from school?  My father used to take me there when I was a girl.  Our family farm was on the water and we always had Canada geese in the creek behind the house this time of year.  My dad used to call to them all the time.  I am sure they were thinking listen to that crazy human thinking he can talk to us.  I miss those times especially since my father has passed away.   Ok enough memory lane there.  My older girls had asked me to go to lunch (now that was more up my alley)  but,  since I had promised Wrenn to go the refuge,  I couldn't back out.  So we did both!!  Yay everyone was happy.  The older girls got  a good laugh at me being all excited every time I saw something fly by and throw my camera up to my face and start shooting away.  After about 20 shots,  Erika would say I think you've got it mom.  I was making exposure adjustments thank you very much.  I was mostly shooting up at the sky which  was a bit sunny today so it was difficult.  This guy was sitting there just looking down on us.  I don't think he looks very happy that we were bugging him but,  he didn't bother to fly away.  I was tough to get my focus since there were lots of tiny branches between me and his lofty perch.  This one is pretty good though I think.   I almost forgot the lunch part....we ate at Jimmie's and Sooks in downtown Cambridge.  If you have a Sunday afternoon to do what you will  I highly recommend making the trip.  The food was amazing and we had a blast just sitting a talking.    Enjoy!





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Girl Mama-Maryland Maternity Photography

New Dresses in the studio so this sweet mama came to model for me.  She's expecting baby girl #3 in March. Enjoy!!